Affirmations are an important part of the law of attraction. Affirmations are short sentences that you repeat to yourself to change your self-belief patterns.
Affirmations motivate us and focus our minds on our goals, whether it’s finishing the play you’ve been working on since the beginning of the pandemic, or finding a producer to read your script. For example, repeating the phrase “I will produce a successful show” to yourself will make your brain believe it, and therefore, you will, both consciously and subconsciously, work towards that goal and be more likely to achieve it.
Here are some tips for how to use affirmations successfully:
- Consistency is key! You don’t want to say an affirmation 100 times in one day, and then not again for another month. Try repeating ones that resonate with you five times each, every morning.
- Look at yourself in the mirror while you do it. This will make you really feel like you’re talking to yourself.
- Center yourself before and after reciting by taking deep breaths. Affirmations are a meditative process, and they work best when your mind isn’t wandering to what you’re gonna eat for dinner, or what’s on your to-do list for the day.
Since they work so well, we came up with custom affirmations for TheaterMakers, and here are 50 just for actors.
- I am an amazing actor
- Great roles are finding me.
- I am unique
- An audition is an opportunity for success
- My light does not dim when someone else’s light shines
- I have a great memory and learn lines with ease
- I create my own opportunities
- My art inspires my audience
- Acting is my passion
- I am defined by my self-worth and values
- I learn from rejection
- I accept the journey of auditions
- I am enough
- I enjoy every moment on stage and screen
- I bring integrity and truthfulness to my role
- I learn from my fellow actors
- I love my work and I love myself
- I attract roles that take my career to the next level
- The audience is waiting for me
- The jobs I book are a confirmation of my dreams
- Acting is my calling
- I act with empathy
- My best audition comes just in time for my perfect role
- My role and I are one
- Every role is important
- I connect with my audience and my audience connects with me
- I take my audience on a journey with me
- I am improving every single day
- I am an artist
- I embody my characters
- I act with authenticity
- I’m a star
- When I’m on stage, people want to watch
- I transform when I act
- I was meant to act
- My dream role is inevitable
- I’m grateful for my past success
- Acting comes naturally to me
- I portray my characters with respect and nuance
- I am full of creative energy
- The role is within me
- I choose success
- I am fearless in auditions
- I am confident
- I do not compare myself to others
- I am calm when I perform
- I bring a unique perspective to my roles
- I’m worthy of success
- I am a star
- I am grateful for my art
P.S. Want more content to keep you on track? Try The TheaterMakers Studio out for free here.