Affirmations are an important part of the law of attraction. Affirmations are short sentences that you repeat to yourself to change your self-belief patterns.
Affirmations motivate us and focus our minds on our goals, whether it’s finishing the play you’ve been working on since the beginning of the pandemic, or finding a producer to read your script. For example, repeating the phrase “I will produce a successful show” to yourself will make your brain believe it, and therefore, you will, both consciously and subconsciously, work towards that goal and be more likely to achieve it.
Here are some tips for how to use affirmations successfully:
- Consistency is key! You don’t want to say an affirmation 100 times in one day, and then not again for another month. Try repeating ones that resonate with you five times each, every morning.
- Look at yourself in the mirror while you do it. This will make you really feel like you’re talking to yourself.
- Center yourself before and after reciting by taking deep breaths. Affirmations are a meditative process, and they work best when your mind isn’t wandering to what you’re gonna eat for dinner, or what’s on your to-do list for the day.
Since they work so well, we came up with custom affirmations for TheaterMakers, and here are 50 just for playwrights.
- I am a writer
- Writing is my art.
- I am creative.
- I can create vivid images and write them down.
- Writing is my statement to the world.
- Today I let my words flow onto the page.
- I will fill this blank page with incredible words.
- The blank page is my canvas and I will fill it brilliantly
- A writer lives in me.
- The blank page and I are collaborators
- Today I will write an amazing play
- I create characters that live and breathe
- I am a writer with a message.
- My writing will earn me a comfortable living
- My writing connects with my audience
- I write with passion
- I am a storyteller
- An amazing writer lives in me and I nourish him/her/them
- I put my heart into everything I write
- I have something to say to the world
- I have important things to say
- My audience is waiting for my words
- My words will have an impact
- I know what to write
- The right words are inside of me
- When I sit down to write, I have something to say
- I think outside the box
- I am successful
- I will achieve my goals
- I am energized by my passion for storytelling
- It is all part of the process
- I am in charge of my story
- My stories are meaningful
- This play is the one that will be produced
- My life supports my art
- My mind is clear and focused
- I am grateful for the success I’ve had so far
- There are many stories and ideas within me
- Producers are waiting for my play
- I am filled with stories
- I am meant to be a writer
- The page is calling my name
- I write beautiful words
- I was born to write
- My play will be a smash hit
- The world is waiting for my plays
- Writing feeds my spirit
- Writing fulfills my purpose
- I’m worthy of success
- I am grateful for my writing
P.S. Want more content to keep you on track? Try The TheaterMakers Studio out for free here.