We’re keeping it all in the family this week as we celebrate National Sibling Day on Saturday with 23 of our Favorite Broadway Siblings onstage and off!
1.Anna and Elsa, Frozen
2. Jessie and Abby Mueller
3. Daisy and Violet Hilton, Sideshow
5. Ms. Hannigan & Rooster Hannigan, Annie
7. Nick and Nigel Bottom, Something Rotten
9. Tzeitel, Hodel, Chava, Sphrintze & Bielke, Fiddler On the Roof
11. The Schuyler Sisters, Hamilton
13. Matilda and Michael Wormwood, Matilda
15. Nessarose and Elphaba Thropp, Wicked
17. Ruth and Eileen Sherwood, Wonderful Town
19. Celie & Nettie, The Color Purple
21. Alison, Christian & John Bechdel, Fun Home
23. C.C. and Effie Melody White, Dreamgirls
In Dreamgirls, C.C. sings “we are a family, like a giant tree branching out towards the sky” in what has become the ultimate anthem about our familial relationships. Just like in life, siblings can add all sorts of comedy and drama to a script, so share with us below your favorite “Sibling moments” on Broadway or in your new show!
P.S. For more blogs like these, join our tribe of TheaterMakers at The TheaterMakers Studio and open up a treasure trove of ideas, resources, and so much more that will help get you to the next stage of production!